A separate event from the regular retrospective targeting on defects. The idea of this retrospective is to review the defects identified and fixed by the development team, allowing the team to identify ways to prevent similar defects from re-occurring and improving the quality of the product being developed.
- Frequency: Once per week (Friday)
- Duration: 1 hour
To ensure that this event run smoothly, the backlog containing the defects need to have the following information filled up by the development team
- Root Cause Category
- Detailed Root Cause Analysis
Category for Root Cause has been set up as followed:
- Back End – This defect is due to back end
- Configuration – The defect was caused by incorrect static data setup
- Environment – The defect has occurred due to a code base lining issue, server level configuration, etc
- Existing bug – This is an existing defect in the system which is probably also present on the live environment
- Impact Analysis – Thorough impact analysis has not been done and implicit requirements have been missed out
- Injected defect – This defect has been injected due to a different defect fix.
- Requirement – The requirement has not been clearly understood, the team’s assumption does not match with the business user’s expectations.
- Testing Error – The test case was incorrect effectively resulting in an invalid defect getting logged
- Wrong Implementation – The defect was caused due to an incorrect coding implementation
- Others – Please reach out to Scrum Master to create the necessary category